Large tree falls on South Side woman
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There were some scary moments for a woman on the South Side Saturday when part of a large tree fell on her in the 8900 block of South Wallace.
Neighbors say a rotted section of the tree broke away, knocked the woman over and pinned her legs.
She was rescued and taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
She'll be released Saturday.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home