Large tree falls on South Side woman
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There were some scary moments for a woman on the South Side Saturday when part of a large tree fell on her in the 8900 block of South Wallace.
Neighbors say a rotted section of the tree broke away, knocked the woman over and pinned her legs.
She was rescued and taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
She'll be released Saturday.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates