Large tree falls on South Side woman
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There were some scary moments for a woman on the South Side Saturday when part of a large tree fell on her in the 8900 block of South Wallace.
Neighbors say a rotted section of the tree broke away, knocked the woman over and pinned her legs.
She was rescued and taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
She'll be released Saturday.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 2 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 51 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 49 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 34 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
2 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos