Plane pull to benefit Special Olympics Illinois
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's probably one of the greatest exhibitions of human strength, pulling a plane, and Saturday O'Hare International Airport hosted a plane pull.
Teams of 20 took turns trying to pull a 90-ton airplane 12 feet in the shortest amount of time.
Dozens of teams raised money for the event, including high schools, colleges, churches, and members of the military and law enforcement.
All proceeds will benefit the Special Olympics Illinois.
ohare airport, chicago news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 38 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All