Charges filed against Kellen Bledsoe in crash that killed toddler Ja'mya Love
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges are filed Saturday night against 27-year-old Kellen Bledsoe, with reckless homicide, aggravated DUI and driving without a license among the counts for a car crash that killed a toddler as she walked to day care.
Two-year-old Ja'mya Love died after she was struck early yesterday morning near 57th and South Morgan.
Her great grandmother was holding her hand.
She says the driver hit the girl after blowing through a stop sign.
Witnesses say Bledsoe struck construction equipment and other cars before he stopped.
chicago crime, chicago news
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus