Charges filed against Kellen Bledsoe in crash that killed toddler Ja'mya Love
September 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges are filed Saturday night against 27-year-old Kellen Bledsoe, with reckless homicide, aggravated DUI and driving without a license among the counts for a car crash that killed a toddler as she walked to day care.
Two-year-old Ja'mya Love died after she was struck early yesterday morning near 57th and South Morgan.
Her great grandmother was holding her hand.
She says the driver hit the girl after blowing through a stop sign.
Witnesses say Bledsoe struck construction equipment and other cars before he stopped.
chicago crime, chicago news
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 2 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 40 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds