Deadly highway accident along NB I-57, all lanes reopened
September 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least one person has died and two others were seriously injured during a rollover accident along I-57 near 119th Street early Sunday.
It was unclear whether there were more fatalities. Police would only confirm one death.
The one-vehicle crash happened around 4 a.m. Sunday in the northbound lanes.
Traffic was diverted off the interstate, which caused one-mile traffic backup early Sunday. Police continue to investigate the incident.
Illinois State Police would not share details into the crash immediately.
There is no information on the victim's identity at this time.
chicago news, diane pathieu
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 53 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary 29 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up 55 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 55 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- 7 in :77
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
53 min ago