Deadly highway accident along NB I-57, all lanes reopened
September 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least one person has died and two others were seriously injured during a rollover accident along I-57 near 119th Street early Sunday.
It was unclear whether there were more fatalities. Police would only confirm one death.
The one-vehicle crash happened around 4 a.m. Sunday in the northbound lanes.
Traffic was diverted off the interstate, which caused one-mile traffic backup early Sunday. Police continue to investigate the incident.
Illinois State Police would not share details into the crash immediately.
There is no information on the victim's identity at this time.
chicago news, diane pathieu
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains