Woman hurt by falling tree talks about ordeal
September 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman who was hurt when part of a large tree fell on her is talking about the ordeal.
"It happened so fast, I didn't have time to be afraid," Bernice Packer said.
Packer says she had just about finished cleaning leaves out of a drain when the tree snapped and knocked her down.
She was hit on the right side of her head and her arm.
A neighbor told her to stay put and called for help.
"Lately I notice it was real rotted, and some of the neighbors said they had been trying to get the city to cut it down, but they weren't successful," said Packer.
Packer says she knew the tree would come down at some point, but she thought a storm would blow it over.
She spent five hours at the hospital but is just swollen and sore Sunday.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 50 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
50 min ago