3 officers hurt in South Side accident, shooting
September 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three Chicago police officers were hurt in a squad car crash as they were responding to the scene of a shooting involving another officer at 100th and State streets on the South Side.
The officers went to the hospital but were not seriously hurt.
Just minutes before the crash, a Chicago police officer shot a man in that same block. Police say that officer was responding to a domestic disturbance call when he observed two people firing shots at each other. According to police, one man refused to drop his gun when ordered to do so by the officer. The officer then shot him in the foot, police said.
That man was taken to a hospital in good condition.
Police said a weapon was recovered at the scene.
chicago police department, chicago shooting, chicago news
- Snow, ice move into southern Illinois 1 min ago
- South Africa, world mourns Nelson Mandela 42 min ago
- Cell phone plans reduced with own device at AT&T 3 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Groundbreaking for $32M DHL facility at O'Hare
- Motorist drives onto CTA tracks in Cicero
- Woman says doc posted ER photos on social media 55 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Man charged with raping woman he met on social media
- Boozer leads Bulls to 107-87 win over Heat
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Wrigley Field Christmas tree lit
- Rose calls meniscus tear a 'freak accident'
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins
- 7 in :77
15 min ago
- Snow, ice move into southern Illinois
1 min ago
- South Africa, world mourns Nelson Mandela
42 min ago