Fmr. Cook Co. Commissioner William Beavers wants probation
September 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Cook County Commissioner William Beavers says he should receive probation and not go to jail.
The ABC7 I-Team has learned that Beavers argues that for years he consistently took from his campaign funds then paid the money back. It was only until he refused to cooperate with the FBI and IRS against commissioners John Daley and Todd Stroger, that he was charged with the crime.
He will be sentenced Wednesday for tax evasion.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 2 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Photos: SXSW accident in downtown Austin
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit 9 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Public transit is good for your health, study finds
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
18 min ago
- Quinn makes 1st public event since...
9 min ago