Fmr. Cook Co. Commissioner William Beavers wants probation
September 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Cook County Commissioner William Beavers says he should receive probation and not go to jail.
The ABC7 I-Team has learned that Beavers argues that for years he consistently took from his campaign funds then paid the money back. It was only until he refused to cooperate with the FBI and IRS against commissioners John Daley and Todd Stroger, that he was charged with the crime.
He will be sentenced Wednesday for tax evasion.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos