Trial date set for deadly fight involving Richard Vanecko, Richard Daley's nephew
September 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Richard Vanecko's trial date is set for February 18. He's the nephew of former mayor Richard Daley, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter.
David Koschman died 9 years ago after prosecutors say he was punched by Vanecko, who has pleaded not guilty.
Questions were raised about whether his family connections influenced the investigation.
Last week, a special prosecutor determined that police and other law officials will face no charges for the way they handled an investigation.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 48 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 56 min ago
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 13 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog 25 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos