Student shot outside Roosevelt High School in Albany Park
September 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 15-year-old student was shot in the leg near Roosevelt High School in Albany Park on the city's Northwest Side.
Witnesses said the victim was being chased before he was shot around 2:30 p.m. at Leland and Kimball, which is just across the street from Roosevelt High School, 3436 West Wilson. The suspect yelled a gang slogan before pulling the trigger, witnesses said.
"And then after that, the guy got shot in his leg and fell to the ground, and all I saw was a whole bunch of police start flooding the school," Darius Ortiz, witness, said.
A suspect was taken into custody, police said. The victim was transported to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston with a gunshot wound to the thigh. He is in good condition.
The high school lets out at 2 p.m. on Wednesdays. o
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 22 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos