Vigil held for Millicent Brown Johnson, son Javon Perkins killed in suspicious fire
September 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A family remembers a woman and her son who died in a fire over the weekend that may have been deliberately set.
Relatives of Millicent Brown Johnson, 28, and her 8-year-old son Javon Perkins gathered Wednesday night at the scene of the fire.
It happened Saturday at 112th and King Drive. There have been no arrests. Community activist Andrew Holmes said there's a $1,000 reward for information in the case.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 12 min ago
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 43 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault 10 min ago
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need 13 min ago
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole 45 min ago
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area