Suspect in custody after student shot at Roosevelt High
September 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 15-year-old student was shot in the leg near Roosevelt High School in Albany Park on the city's Northwest Side.
Witnesses said the victim was being chased before he was shot around 2:30 p.m. at Leland and Kimball, which is across the street from Roosevelt High School, 3436 West Wilson. The suspect yelled a gang slogan before pulling the trigger, witnesses said.
"And then after that, the guy got shot in his leg and fell to the ground, and all I saw was a whole bunch of police start flooding the school," Darius Ortiz, witness, said.
A suspect was taken into custody, police said. The victim was transported to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston with a gunshot wound to the thigh. He is in good condition.
The high school lets out at 2 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 20 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos