Woman in critical condition after Chicago police shooting
September 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police shot a woman they say was pointing a gun at officers Thursday night in Pilsen. She is in critical condition.
The shooting occurred about 10:40 p.m. in the 1000 block of West 19th Street. Officers were responding to a call of a person with a gun on that block, according to a statement from the Chicago Police News Affairs office.
Officers watched the woman walk from the 1000-block of West Cullerton to the 1900-block of South Morgan before walking into an alley behind Cullerton, Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Pat Camden said. The officers drove into the alley and found the woman hiding behind a garbage can, Camden said. She came out and pointed a gun at the officers, he said. Police then fired, he said.
The woman was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
A BB gun that looked like a handgun was recovered from the scene.
chicago news, diane pathieu
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend 49 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos