18-year-old charged in Roosevelt High shooting
September 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An 18-year-old has been charged with shooting a student across the street from Roosevelt High School on the Northwest Side.
Kevin Murchison was in court Friday and is being held without bond.
Police say Wednesday afternoon he tried to rob a 15-year-old. There was a struggle and the gun went off, striking the student in the leg.
Murchison is charged with several counts including aggravated battery and attempted armed robbery.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs 20 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 25 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract 20 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary