18-year-old charged in Roosevelt High shooting
September 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An 18-year-old has been charged with shooting a student across the street from Roosevelt High School on the Northwest Side.
Kevin Murchison was in court Friday and is being held without bond.
Police say Wednesday afternoon he tried to rob a 15-year-old. There was a struggle and the gun went off, striking the student in the leg.
Murchison is charged with several counts including aggravated battery and attempted armed robbery.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds