2 men injured after SUV crashes into South Side restaurant
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver of an SUV that slammed into two men outside a restaurant and then crashed into the building.
This happened in the 1900 block of East 95th street; on the city's South Side around 1:30 Saturday morning.
The victims went through the window of RJ's Fish 'n Chicken.
Both men were taken to advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition.
Investigators say the driver of the SUV fled the scene and no one is in custody.
Alnita Williams' daughters were at the restaurant at the time of the incident and describes what she heard happened.
"My daughter noticed the driver when he came into the lot," Williams said. "She moved her car out of the way. Apparently he got to arguing with some other guy and the next thing she looked up he's plowing through the window, a gentleman on the inside that was with my other daughter had to pull her out of the way."
The front of the restaurant was heavily damaged.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 38 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 44 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
38 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
44 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
44 min ago