2 men injured after SUV crashes into South Side restaurant
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver of an SUV that slammed into two men outside a restaurant and then crashed into the building.
This happened in the 1900 block of East 95th street; on the city's South Side around 1:30 Saturday morning.
The victims went through the window of RJ's Fish 'n Chicken.
Both men were taken to advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition.
Investigators say the driver of the SUV fled the scene and no one is in custody.
Alnita Williams' daughters were at the restaurant at the time of the incident and describes what she heard happened.
"My daughter noticed the driver when he came into the lot," Williams said. "She moved her car out of the way. Apparently he got to arguing with some other guy and the next thing she looked up he's plowing through the window, a gentleman on the inside that was with my other daughter had to pull her out of the way."
The front of the restaurant was heavily damaged.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 10 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 35 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Holiday Shopping Tips from the BBB
8 min ago