2 men injured after SUV crashes into South Side restaurant
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver of an SUV that slammed into two men outside a restaurant and then crashed into the building.
This happened in the 1900 block of East 95th street; on the city's South Side around 1:30 Saturday morning.
The victims went through the window of RJ's Fish 'n Chicken.
Both men were taken to advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition.
Investigators say the driver of the SUV fled the scene and no one is in custody.
Alnita Williams' daughters were at the restaurant at the time of the incident and describes what she heard happened.
"My daughter noticed the driver when he came into the lot," Williams said. "She moved her car out of the way. Apparently he got to arguing with some other guy and the next thing she looked up he's plowing through the window, a gentleman on the inside that was with my other daughter had to pull her out of the way."
The front of the restaurant was heavily damaged.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 37 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado 30 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 41 min ago
- Lucas, Hobson donate $25M to After School Matters 43 min ago
- Atheists erect 8-foot 'A' in Chicago to mark holidays 52 min ago
- Report: R. Kelly mansion in Olympia Fields purchased
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
30 min ago