2 men injured after SUV crashes into South Side restaurant
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver of an SUV that slammed into two men outside a restaurant and then crashed into the building.
This happened in the 1900 block of East 95th street; on the city's South Side around 1:30 Saturday morning.
The victims went through the window of RJ's Fish 'n Chicken.
Both men were taken to advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition.
Investigators say the driver of the SUV fled the scene and no one is in custody.
Alnita Williams' daughters were at the restaurant at the time of the incident and describes what she heard happened.
"My daughter noticed the driver when he came into the lot," Williams said. "She moved her car out of the way. Apparently he got to arguing with some other guy and the next thing she looked up he's plowing through the window, a gentleman on the inside that was with my other daughter had to pull her out of the way."
The front of the restaurant was heavily damaged.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 12 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 9 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand