2 men injured after SUV crashes into South Side restaurant
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for the driver of an SUV that slammed into two men outside a restaurant and then crashed into the building.
This happened in the 1900 block of East 95th street; on the city's South Side around 1:30 Saturday morning.
The victims went through the window of RJ's Fish 'n Chicken.
Both men were taken to advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition.
Investigators say the driver of the SUV fled the scene and no one is in custody.
Alnita Williams' daughters were at the restaurant at the time of the incident and describes what she heard happened.
"My daughter noticed the driver when he came into the lot," Williams said. "She moved her car out of the way. Apparently he got to arguing with some other guy and the next thing she looked up he's plowing through the window, a gentleman on the inside that was with my other daughter had to pull her out of the way."
The front of the restaurant was heavily damaged.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains