Boy, 16, shot on South Side
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenage boy was shot while crossing a street in the South Shore neighborhood Friday night.
The boy, 16, was crossing the street in the 1600 block of East 71st Street at about 10 p.m. Friday when a male shooter approached and fired at him.
He was shot in the shoulder and buttocks and taken in "stable" condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
No one was in custody as Area South detectives investigated.
Sun-Times Media contributed to this story.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 3 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 8 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos