Boy, 16, shot on South Side
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenage boy was shot while crossing a street in the South Shore neighborhood Friday night.
The boy, 16, was crossing the street in the 1600 block of East 71st Street at about 10 p.m. Friday when a male shooter approached and fired at him.
He was shot in the shoulder and buttocks and taken in "stable" condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
No one was in custody as Area South detectives investigated.
Sun-Times Media contributed to this story.
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos