Boy, 16, shot on South Side
September 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenage boy was shot while crossing a street in the South Shore neighborhood Friday night.
The boy, 16, was crossing the street in the 1600 block of East 71st Street at about 10 p.m. Friday when a male shooter approached and fired at him.
He was shot in the shoulder and buttocks and taken in "stable" condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
No one was in custody as Area South detectives investigated.
Sun-Times Media contributed to this story.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Let's Dish: German Apple Pancakes
48 min ago