Visitation held Sunday for Bishop Timothy Lyne
September 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Visitation is being held Sunday for Bishop Timothy Lyne, former pastor of Holy Name Cathedral.
Lyne died Wednesday at the age of 94.
He was born in Chicago and attended school in the area.
Lyne was named auxiliary bishop in 1983 and remained pastor of Holy Name until 1990.
Visitation will continue till 9 Sunday night at Holy Name.
The funeral will be Monday morning at the cathedral.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 57 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 47 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 47 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 37 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 16 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 10 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
12 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
38 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
34 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos