Chicago pastor D. Rayford Bell dies during Sunday sermon
September 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bishop D. Rayford Bell, a Chicago pastor, died while preaching his sermon Sunday at Christ Temple Church.
Bell collapsed just 10 minutes after he began his homily.
He had been pastor and then senior pastor of the church since 1958.
He was also a Chicago Police Department chaplain and the founder of a Chicago Bible College and a church in Joliet.
His church says Bishop Bell preached all over the United States and in 50 countries. He was 90 years old.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos