Chicago pastor D. Rayford Bell dies during Sunday sermon
September 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bishop D. Rayford Bell, a Chicago pastor, died while preaching his sermon Sunday at Christ Temple Church.
Bell collapsed just 10 minutes after he began his homily.
He had been pastor and then senior pastor of the church since 1958.
He was also a Chicago Police Department chaplain and the founder of a Chicago Bible College and a church in Joliet.
His church says Bishop Bell preached all over the United States and in 50 countries. He was 90 years old.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 5 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4... 43 min ago
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room 50 min ago
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77
59 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
5 min ago