Police link 4 armed robberies to fake cop posing as 'Officer Franklin'
September 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are now linking four armed robberies to a man posing as an officer.
The incidents happened in the South Shore and South Chicago neighborhoods. One happened in the 8700-block of South Harper last Friday.
The victim, Damien Dyer, tells ABC7 the offender identified himself as a Chicago police officer and told him to get into the car. The cop impersonator then drove him to an alley, pulled out a gun and robbed him.
No one has been hurt in any of the incidents.
Investigators say the offender calls himself "Officer Franklin."
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney