Police link 4 armed robberies to fake cop posing as 'Officer Franklin'
September 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are now linking four armed robberies to a man posing as an officer.
The incidents happened in the South Shore and South Chicago neighborhoods. One happened in the 8700-block of South Harper last Friday.
The victim, Damien Dyer, tells ABC7 the offender identified himself as a Chicago police officer and told him to get into the car. The cop impersonator then drove him to an alley, pulled out a gun and robbed him.
No one has been hurt in any of the incidents.
Investigators say the offender calls himself "Officer Franklin."
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 4 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos