Police link 4 armed robberies to fake cop posing as 'Officer Franklin'
September 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are now linking four armed robberies to a man posing as an officer.
The incidents happened in the South Shore and South Chicago neighborhoods. One happened in the 8700-block of South Harper last Friday.
The victim, Damien Dyer, tells ABC7 the offender identified himself as a Chicago police officer and told him to get into the car. The cop impersonator then drove him to an alley, pulled out a gun and robbed him.
No one has been hurt in any of the incidents.
Investigators say the offender calls himself "Officer Franklin."
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election 56 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 52 min ago
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before...
56 min ago
- Calumet Fisheries smokes, fries fish on...
38 min ago