Chicago crime numbers show decrease in shootings, murders from 2012: Police
October 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the first 9 months of the year, murders are down 21 percent compared to January to September in 2012.
According to police, there were 47 fewer shootings this September compared with September 2012, and there was one less murder this September than last September.
For the first 9 months of the year, murders are down 21 percent compared to January to September in 2012.
And overall crime is down 15 percent, compared to the same time period last year.
chicago crime, chicago news
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 43 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos