Chicago crime numbers show decrease in shootings, murders from 2012: Police
October 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the first 9 months of the year, murders are down 21 percent compared to January to September in 2012.
According to police, there were 47 fewer shootings this September compared with September 2012, and there was one less murder this September than last September.
For the first 9 months of the year, murders are down 21 percent compared to January to September in 2012.
And overall crime is down 15 percent, compared to the same time period last year.
chicago crime, chicago news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos