Chicago inks 3-year deal with Powersports Dealer Expo
October 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big new trade show is coming to Chicago starting in December next year. The International Powersports Dealer Expo will be housed in McCormick Place for three consecutive years.
The expo showcases personal vehicles like snowmobiles and motorcycles, and 10,000 people are expected to attend.
The projected economic impact will be $15 million each year.
"We have now signed, since having a new chapter in our relationship with labor and being seen as a single entity focused on the city and recruiting businesses, about $6 billion more in long term contracts," said Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
The mayor says the city is working on more new trade shows it's trying to bring to Chicago.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 1 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 1 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 34 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
2 min ago