Chicago inks 3-year deal with Powersports Dealer Expo
October 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big new trade show is coming to Chicago starting in December next year. The International Powersports Dealer Expo will be housed in McCormick Place for three consecutive years.
The expo showcases personal vehicles like snowmobiles and motorcycles, and 10,000 people are expected to attend.
The projected economic impact will be $15 million each year.
"We have now signed, since having a new chapter in our relationship with labor and being seen as a single entity focused on the city and recruiting businesses, about $6 billion more in long term contracts," said Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
The mayor says the city is working on more new trade shows it's trying to bring to Chicago.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 35 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 30 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor