1 dead, 2 wounded in Kenwood shooting
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Calumet City man was killed and two others were wounded Wednesday afternoon during a gang-related shooting in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood.
The shooting occurred just before 5 p.m. in the 4500 block of South Woodlawn Avenue, police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien said.
The man who was killed was shot multiple times inside a vehicle, O'Brien said. A 27-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition. An 18-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the abdomen and was taken in good condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
The shooting was gang-related, police said.
The 26-year-old, of the 200 block of Oglesby Avenue in Calumet City, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital at 5:56 p.m., the Cook County Medical Examiner's office said.
His name was not released pending notification of relatives. Nobody was in custody as Area Central detectives investigated.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
chicago shooting, chicago news
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 42 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 2 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
42 min ago