1 dead, 2 wounded in Kenwood shooting
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Calumet City man was killed and two others were wounded Wednesday afternoon during a gang-related shooting in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood.
The shooting occurred just before 5 p.m. in the 4500 block of South Woodlawn Avenue, police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien said.
The man who was killed was shot multiple times inside a vehicle, O'Brien said. A 27-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition. An 18-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the abdomen and was taken in good condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
The shooting was gang-related, police said.
The 26-year-old, of the 200 block of Oglesby Avenue in Calumet City, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital at 5:56 p.m., the Cook County Medical Examiner's office said.
His name was not released pending notification of relatives. Nobody was in custody as Area Central detectives investigated.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
chicago shooting, chicago news
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos