1 dead, 2 wounded in Kenwood shooting
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Calumet City man was killed and two others were wounded Wednesday afternoon during a gang-related shooting in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood.
The shooting occurred just before 5 p.m. in the 4500 block of South Woodlawn Avenue, police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien said.
The man who was killed was shot multiple times inside a vehicle, O'Brien said. A 27-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition. An 18-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the abdomen and was taken in good condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
The shooting was gang-related, police said.
The 26-year-old, of the 200 block of Oglesby Avenue in Calumet City, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital at 5:56 p.m., the Cook County Medical Examiner's office said.
His name was not released pending notification of relatives. Nobody was in custody as Area Central detectives investigated.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
chicago shooting, chicago news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 2 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 35 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 34 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All