CTA subway tunnels getting Internet upgrade
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Plans are in the works to bring 4G wireless throughout the 24 miles of CTA subway tunnels.
The CTA owns and leases its subway cellular network to wireless service providers, generating nearly $2 million a year in revenue.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 3 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 30 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 42 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'