CTA subway tunnels getting Internet upgrade
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Plans are in the works to bring 4G wireless throughout the 24 miles of CTA subway tunnels.
The CTA owns and leases its subway cellular network to wireless service providers, generating nearly $2 million a year in revenue.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 8 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 49 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 17 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 28 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on...
8 min ago