Adolfo Zuniga charged with shooting Little Village bartender
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Surveillance video shows the shooting of a Chicago bartender just before midnight Wednesday night, which left a 29-year-old bartender in critical condition. The suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, 27, was taken into custody Wednesday night and charged with aggravated battery and use of a deadly weapon on Thursday night.
Neighborhood residents said the shooting was the result of a gang turf war. The bar's owner said his bartender was not the intended target of the attack that was captured by security cameras.
The surveillance video captured the brazen attack, showing a gunman walking up to a bartender outside a Little Village bar and opening fire on the man, striking him twice.
"There was a guy that was dropped off in the alley to come around the corner to shoot another gang member from a different crew, I guess," said a witness, who asked not to be identified.
It happened at Lorraine's Lounge Wednesday night around midnight.
Several witnesses saw the attack.
"The guy turned around, thought he was a gang member, so he shot him twice," a witness said.
In the video a man in a baseball cap is seen getting out of a car near the corner of 24th Street and Washtenaw Avenue.
As they tried to close the bar's door, the gunman rushes up, points a black handgun and fires twice just a police squad pulls up.
Officers chased down the suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, who was charged Thursday night.
"People come from a different area looking for trouble and that's how all the shootings occur," the witness said.
chicago shooting, chicago news, evelyn holmes
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 46 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning 31 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 12 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force 31 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster 43 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese...
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial 56 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville 51 min ago
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
12 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
46 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over...
31 min ago