Adolfo Zuniga charged with shooting Little Village bartender
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Surveillance video shows the shooting of a Chicago bartender just before midnight Wednesday night, which left a 29-year-old bartender in critical condition. The suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, 27, was taken into custody Wednesday night and charged with aggravated battery and use of a deadly weapon on Thursday night.
Neighborhood residents said the shooting was the result of a gang turf war. The bar's owner said his bartender was not the intended target of the attack that was captured by security cameras.
The surveillance video captured the brazen attack, showing a gunman walking up to a bartender outside a Little Village bar and opening fire on the man, striking him twice.
"There was a guy that was dropped off in the alley to come around the corner to shoot another gang member from a different crew, I guess," said a witness, who asked not to be identified.
It happened at Lorraine's Lounge Wednesday night around midnight.
Several witnesses saw the attack.
"The guy turned around, thought he was a gang member, so he shot him twice," a witness said.
In the video a man in a baseball cap is seen getting out of a car near the corner of 24th Street and Washtenaw Avenue.
As they tried to close the bar's door, the gunman rushes up, points a black handgun and fires twice just a police squad pulls up.
Officers chased down the suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, who was charged Thursday night.
"People come from a different area looking for trouble and that's how all the shootings occur," the witness said.
chicago shooting, chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 3 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77