Adolfo Zuniga charged with shooting Little Village bartender
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Surveillance video shows the shooting of a Chicago bartender just before midnight Wednesday night, which left a 29-year-old bartender in critical condition. The suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, 27, was taken into custody Wednesday night and charged with aggravated battery and use of a deadly weapon on Thursday night.
Neighborhood residents said the shooting was the result of a gang turf war. The bar's owner said his bartender was not the intended target of the attack that was captured by security cameras.
The surveillance video captured the brazen attack, showing a gunman walking up to a bartender outside a Little Village bar and opening fire on the man, striking him twice.
"There was a guy that was dropped off in the alley to come around the corner to shoot another gang member from a different crew, I guess," said a witness, who asked not to be identified.
It happened at Lorraine's Lounge Wednesday night around midnight.
Several witnesses saw the attack.
"The guy turned around, thought he was a gang member, so he shot him twice," a witness said.
In the video a man in a baseball cap is seen getting out of a car near the corner of 24th Street and Washtenaw Avenue.
As they tried to close the bar's door, the gunman rushes up, points a black handgun and fires twice just a police squad pulls up.
Officers chased down the suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, who was charged Thursday night.
"People come from a different area looking for trouble and that's how all the shootings occur," the witness said.
chicago shooting, chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 40 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- 7 in 77