Adolfo Zuniga charged with shooting Little Village bartender
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Surveillance video shows the shooting of a Chicago bartender just before midnight Wednesday night, which left a 29-year-old bartender in critical condition. The suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, 27, was taken into custody Wednesday night and charged with aggravated battery and use of a deadly weapon on Thursday night.
Neighborhood residents said the shooting was the result of a gang turf war. The bar's owner said his bartender was not the intended target of the attack that was captured by security cameras.
The surveillance video captured the brazen attack, showing a gunman walking up to a bartender outside a Little Village bar and opening fire on the man, striking him twice.
"There was a guy that was dropped off in the alley to come around the corner to shoot another gang member from a different crew, I guess," said a witness, who asked not to be identified.
It happened at Lorraine's Lounge Wednesday night around midnight.
Several witnesses saw the attack.
"The guy turned around, thought he was a gang member, so he shot him twice," a witness said.
In the video a man in a baseball cap is seen getting out of a car near the corner of 24th Street and Washtenaw Avenue.
As they tried to close the bar's door, the gunman rushes up, points a black handgun and fires twice just a police squad pulls up.
Officers chased down the suspect, Adolfo Zuniga, who was charged Thursday night.
"People come from a different area looking for trouble and that's how all the shootings occur," the witness said.
chicago shooting, chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 16 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado 32 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 26 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 17 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home