3 firefighters hurt battling Englewood blaze
October 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An injured firefighter remains in the hospital Sunday morning after battling a fire on Chicago's South Side.
Two other firefighters have been released from the hospital.
The fire happened around 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning in the 6700 block of South Emerald in the Englewood neighborhood
The fire broke out in the basement of the wood frame home, authorities said.
Two of the firefighters suffered first and second degree burns, while the third suffered from heat exhaustion.
chicago fire department, chicago news
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 24 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant