Boy, 13, shot in Englewood
October 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 13-year-old boy was shot near Garfield and Halsted in the Englewood neighborhood at about 3:15 p.m. Monday.
The boy was taken to Comer Children's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the back. He's reportedly in serious to critical condition.
Witnesses say the boy was riding his bike when he was approached and shot. Onlookers said they saw no provocation for the shooting.
Police have made no arrests so far.
chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 5 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained