Boy, 13, shot in Englewood
October 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 13-year-old boy was shot near Garfield and Halsted in the Englewood neighborhood at about 3:15 p.m. Monday.
The boy was taken to Comer Children's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the back. He's reportedly in serious to critical condition.
Witnesses say the boy was riding his bike when he was approached and shot. Onlookers said they saw no provocation for the shooting.
Police have made no arrests so far.
chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples\ 53 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos