Boy, 13, shot in Englewood
October 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 13-year-old boy was shot near Garfield and Halsted in the Englewood neighborhood at about 3:15 p.m. Monday.
The boy was taken to Comer Children's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the back. He's reportedly in serious to critical condition.
Witnesses say the boy was riding his bike when he was approached and shot. Onlookers said they saw no provocation for the shooting.
Police have made no arrests so far.
chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 5 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 11 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 6 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
11 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
5 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
6 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos