Boy, 13, shot in Englewood
October 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 13-year-old boy was shot near Garfield and Halsted in the Englewood neighborhood at about 3:15 p.m. Monday.
The boy was taken to Comer Children's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the back. He's reportedly in serious to critical condition.
Witnesses say the boy was riding his bike when he was approached and shot. Onlookers said they saw no provocation for the shooting.
Police have made no arrests so far.
chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...