Boy, 13, shot in Englewood
October 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 13-year-old boy was shot near Garfield and Halsted in the Englewood neighborhood at about 3:15 p.m. Monday.
The boy was taken to Comer Children's Hospital with a gunshot wound to the back. He's reportedly in serious to critical condition.
Witnesses say the boy was riding his bike when he was approached and shot. Onlookers said they saw no provocation for the shooting.
Police have made no arrests so far.
chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake