3rd person arrested with dad, teen after human remains found on SW Side
October 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A third suspect is in police custody in the murder of Jose Reyes Ramos, whose dismembered body was found buried in a backyard on the city's Southwest Side.
Reyes Ramos, 30, was reported missing in May. His body was found Friday.
Daisy Gutierrez, 19, and her father, Salvador Gutierrez, 56, are charged in Ramos' murder. A third suspect, who has yet to be identified or charged, is being extradited from New Jersey.
"This is another example of great detective work. The officers had this as a missing persons case and was very relentless in figuring out what happened to this young man," Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said.
Daisy Gutierrez allegedly lured Reyes Ramos to her home with the intent of killing him. Salvador Gutierrez allegedly helped dispose of the body. The unidentified third suspect allegedly killed and dismembered Reyes Ramos' body.
"We've been able to almost bring that case to closure. There are some t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted but we are right on the verge of doing that. Obviously a terrible, terrible tragedy for the family of this young man," Supt. McCarthy said.
Moncada Reyes, said he believes his brother was murdered as revenge.
"She threatened me and my brother many times," Moncada Reyes said through an interpreter. "And she told me she would kill me and my brothers in Honduras. That's why I know she already had it planned."
Moncada Reyes is the father to two of Daisy Gutierrez's children.
During a court appearance Monday, a special condition was added to the bonds. Should either Gutierrez be released, he or she would not be allowed contact with the victim's family.
According to court records, Daisy Gutierrez is three months pregnant. She's currently being held at Cermak Hospital.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 13 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD