Riverwalk attack target fights back, slashes man with knife
October 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man who tried to attack two people on Chicago's Riverwalk got more than he bargained for when one of his targets fought back by slashing him with a knife.
The incident happened late Monday near the entrance to the Riverwalk at Wacker Drive.
The alleged attacker was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital with cuts to his chest and face. He was listed in good condition Tuesday.
The two people who fended off the attack initially were taken into custody. but police said it was unlikely they would be charged because authorities do not believe the two instigated the attack.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 10 min ago
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos