Riverwalk attack target fights back, slashes man with knife
October 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man who tried to attack two people on Chicago's Riverwalk got more than he bargained for when one of his targets fought back by slashing him with a knife.
The incident happened late Monday near the entrance to the Riverwalk at Wacker Drive.
The alleged attacker was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital with cuts to his chest and face. He was listed in good condition Tuesday.
The two people who fended off the attack initially were taken into custody. but police said it was unlikely they would be charged because authorities do not believe the two instigated the attack.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found 2 min ago
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Hanover Park man charged with indecent solicitation gets $250K...
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open in...
46 min ago