Riverwalk attack target fights back, slashes man with knife
October 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man who tried to attack two people on Chicago's Riverwalk got more than he bargained for when one of his targets fought back by slashing him with a knife.
The incident happened late Monday near the entrance to the Riverwalk at Wacker Drive.
The alleged attacker was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital with cuts to his chest and face. He was listed in good condition Tuesday.
The two people who fended off the attack initially were taken into custody. but police said it was unlikely they would be charged because authorities do not believe the two instigated the attack.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 7 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice 7 min ago
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 20 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
7 min ago