DePaul presents Dutch-inspired woonerf plan for Kenmore Avenue
October 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- DePaul University held a community meeting Tuesday night with a new vision for a two-block stretch in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood.
They presented the "woonerf design" for Kenmore Avenue.
It would stretch from Belden to Fullerton.
Woonerf is a Dutch term for "living street," meaning vehicles and residents share the street without vehicles having the right of way.
The plan needs city approval.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 54 min ago
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake