DePaul presents Dutch-inspired woonerf plan for Kenmore Avenue
October 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- DePaul University held a community meeting Tuesday night with a new vision for a two-block stretch in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood.
They presented the "woonerf design" for Kenmore Avenue.
It would stretch from Belden to Fullerton.
Woonerf is a Dutch term for "living street," meaning vehicles and residents share the street without vehicles having the right of way.
The plan needs city approval.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant