Lane Tech High School football player Drew Williams remains in critical condition after brain injury
October 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Lane Tech High School football player remains in critical condition after he suffered a brain injury during a game.
Drew Williams was taken to Advocate Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn Friday night.
His family says a part of his skull has been removed to help relieve the swelling in his brain.
"We're kind of at the point were no news is good news," said Drew's sister, Andrea Williams. "Every day is a step in the right direction and we're so appreciative that he's still here."
The Williams family has asked for privacy during this time. They've also released a statement saying:
"This is a difficult period for our family, but we want to express our gratitude to Drew's teachers, coaches, teammates, friends and classmates for their prayers and support.
"We thank the general public as well for the concern that has been expressed."
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos