Sketch released of sexual assault suspect in South Side attacks
October 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A sketch of the man believed to have sexually assaulted two women and one girl on the city's South Side was released by Chicago police.
Police released the composite sketch of the offender overnight. Detectives hope someone will recognize the man wanted in connection with the sexual assault of a 43-year-old woman and her 22-year-old daughter during a Fernwood home invasion and a sexual assault on a 14-year-old girl in nearby Washington Heights. Both attacks occurred just hours and blocks apart early Wednesday morning. The 22-year-old victim spoke with ABC7 about the attack after a person of interest was questioned, but cleared by police.
Between those attacks, the same man is also believed to have broken into a home to attempt another attack on an 11-year-old girl. In that incident, he was chased away by a barking dog and no one was hurt.
No one is in custody in the case. The Guardian Angels are helping to distribute 1,600 fliers in the South Side neighborhoods where the attacks took place.
"It looks like so many of our young boys, walking around with the same the dreads. So it could be anybody," Lashay Mays said.
"Everybody's on the watch. Every time I walk through the streets, everybody is like you need to watch out and stuff. And, I'll be like, I know because I already heard about it and everything. So I'm going to be on the lookout," Aniyah Collins said.
"We want to catch him. We don't care if it's the police, the general public, or the Guardian Angels. We need a guy off the streets," Miguel Fuentes, Guardian Angels, said. Download the flier
"Now that the sketches out, somebody should be able to catch [him].I mean, he shouldn't be out here. No way," Timothy McKenny said.
The offender is described as having a dark-complexion with shoulder length dreads. He's 16 to 22 with a slender build.
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos