Queen of Angels school receives U.S. education award
October 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A private Chicago school was honored Friday for its excellence in education.
Queen of Angels Catholic Elementary School in Ravenswood was recently awarded the "Blue Ribbon Award for Excellence" from the U.S. Department of Education.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn attended Friday morning's breakfast celebrating the award.
The school was one of only 50 private schools in the country and one of seven in the Archdiocese of Chicago to receive the prestigious award.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits