Immigration advocates march for reform
October 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands of people participated in a march Saturday for immigration reform.
The "March for Dignity and Respect for Immigrant Families" began at Teamsters' City at 300 South Ashland.
Marchers worked their way to Daley Plaza for a rally.
The event was part of a nationwide campaign.
Participants want the government to halt deportations and pass a reform bill that contains a path to citizenship.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer