Illinois NAACP convention underway in Chicago
October 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The 77th annual Illinois NAACP convention is underway this weekend at the Marriott O'Hare.
Saturday night's main event was the freedom fund banquet. Hundreds of people gathered in the ballroom for the dinner.
ABC 7's own Hosea Sanders served as the emcee and introduced the keynote speaker.
Earlier in the day, Governor Pat Quinn addressed one of the sessions.
The convention wraps up Sunday morning with a prayer breakfast.
pat quinn, chicago news
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos