Illinois NAACP convention underway in Chicago
October 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The 77th annual Illinois NAACP convention is underway this weekend at the Marriott O'Hare.
Saturday night's main event was the freedom fund banquet. Hundreds of people gathered in the ballroom for the dinner.
ABC 7's own Hosea Sanders served as the emcee and introduced the keynote speaker.
Earlier in the day, Governor Pat Quinn addressed one of the sessions.
The convention wraps up Sunday morning with a prayer breakfast.
pat quinn, chicago news
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap