Shooting suspect sought after fatal West Side gas station parking lot shooting
October 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A search is under way for the person who shot and killed a man in a gas station parking lot on the West Side.
The shooting happened just after 2 a.m. Sunday in the 300 block of South Cicero Avenue.
The victim is a 28-year-old man.
Officers found the man shot in the upper chest.
Police say he was walking with acquaintances through the parking lot when he was shot.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead a few hours later.
chicago violence, chicago news
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds