Lake Shore Drive south extension 2 weeks from opening
October 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The South Lake Shore Drive extension is less than two weeks away from opening.
It's a nearly two-mile extension from 79th Street and South Shore Drive to 92nd and Ewing. It runs through the old U.S. Steel plant.
The road will provide the key piece of infrastructure to develop the empty land. Plans include housing, beaches and marinas, plus retail and commercial space.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation