UIC student robbed near campus, police say
October 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- UIC police are warning people to be alert Monday night after a student was robbed off campus.
It happened early Sunday morning in the 1400- block of West Lexington.
Two men approached the student. One claimed to have a gun and demanded the student's cell phone.
They ran away after getting the phone and the victim was not injured.
Anyone with information should call UIC police.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
58 min ago