Demarius Reed murder: Eastern Michigan plays first game since death of former Simeon standout
October 19, 2013 (YPSILANTI, Mich.) (WLS) -- Eastern Michigan University's football team played its first game since the death of their wide receiver Demarius Reed.
Saturday's game was dedicated to 20-year-old who grew up in Chicago and attended Simeon High.
His body was found Friday at an off-campus apartment several blocks north of the university.
The Ypsilanti police department says reed suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
Robbery is suspected as a possible motive.
Police do not have anyone in custody.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 52 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All