Demarius Reed murder: Eastern Michigan plays first game since death of former Simeon standout
October 19, 2013 (YPSILANTI, Mich.) (WLS) -- Eastern Michigan University's football team played its first game since the death of their wide receiver Demarius Reed.
Saturday's game was dedicated to 20-year-old who grew up in Chicago and attended Simeon High.
His body was found Friday at an off-campus apartment several blocks north of the university.
The Ypsilanti police department says reed suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
Robbery is suspected as a possible motive.
Police do not have anyone in custody.
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist killed in Roselle identified as Efrain Diaz-Torres
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- Photos: Earth Day 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos