Semi crashes through wall at Red Line tracks
October 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Crews have pulled a semi-truck off a set of CTA Red Line train tracks at 69th and the Dan Ryan Expressway.
Illinois State Police says the truck crashed through a wall and landed on newly repaired tracks.
No one was hurt.
The CTA says Red Line trains between 69th and 79th are sharing a single track because of debris on the tracks next to it.
There will be delays, but it is unclear how long they'll last.
Three southbound lanes were closed while crews remove debris late Sunday.
Check back with ABC7 News beginning at 4 a.m. and ABC7Chicago.com for updates on this developing story.
cta news, chicago news
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 8 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 38 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe 13 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor