Semi crashes through wall at Red Line tracks
October 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Crews have pulled a semi-truck off a set of CTA Red Line train tracks at 69th and the Dan Ryan Expressway.
Illinois State Police says the truck crashed through a wall and landed on newly repaired tracks.
No one was hurt.
The CTA says Red Line trains between 69th and 79th are sharing a single track because of debris on the tracks next to it.
There will be delays, but it is unclear how long they'll last.
Three southbound lanes were closed while crews remove debris late Sunday.
Check back with ABC7 News beginning at 4 a.m. and ABC7Chicago.com for updates on this developing story.
cta news, chicago news
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains