Chicago blue cart recycling reaches last 72,000 households
October 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's blue cart recycling program is in the final week of cart delivery.
Once they've delivered carts to the final 72,000 households in the program, more than 600,000 Chicago households will be participating in the city's recycling program.
"With the final phase of the blue cart recycling expansion, Chicago is no longer the tale of two cities when it comes to recycling," said Mayor Rahm Emanuel. "Recycling is now a reality for every neighborhood in every community, and we have made Chicago a greener, more environmentally friendly city."
Twice a week, the blue carts are collected at residences in single family homes and buildings with fewer than four units.
Find out more at ChicagoRecycles.org
- Nelson Mandela dead at age 95 4 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment 18 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune 2:05 AM 7 min ago
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- 2 men charged in Homewood bank robbery
- Illinois governor signs pension overhaul into law
- Cops: Woman, 51, who hit 3 cars in West Loop was high
- Chicagoan dies in 1-car Skokie tree crash
- Rose calls meniscus tear a 'freak accident'
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins
- Bears' Cutler, Briggs out vs Cowboys
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Nelson Mandela dead at age 95
4 min ago
- President Obama remarks on Nelson Mandela's...
42 min ago
- Remembering Nelson Mandela's 1993 Chicago...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos