Demarius Reed funeral set, homicide update expected
October 22, 2013 (YPSILANTI, Mich.) (WLS) -- Police investigating the shooting death of Eastern Michigan University football player Demarius Reed plan to offer an update on the case.
A campus and community forum is Tuesday at the Ypsilanti school with interim police Chief Tony DiGiusti and others.
Police are offering $5,000 for clues to his killer's identity and say they're looking for anyone who attended a party at the off-campus apartment complex where he was found dead. Police say the party at University Green apartments took place Thursday night and into Friday morning.
Reed was found shot multiple times Friday in what police say may be a robbery. The 20-year-old Chicagoan was a communications major.
Reed's funeral is Saturday in Harvey, Ill. His teammates and coaches plan to attend a visitation Friday.
Last Saturday's game was dedicated to the 20-year-old who attended Simeon High.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 40 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown' 53 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 33 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC 58 min ago
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes 59 min ago
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC 7 To Go, April 16, 2014
5 min ago
- 'The Chew'?s Carla Hall
23 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos