Michigan Ave. high-rise fire injures man
October 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man is hospitalized after a fire at Michigan Avenue high-rise in downtown Chicago.
The fire on the 15th floor of the building at 535 North Michigan Avenue on Wednesday morning was quickly extinguished. The man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in good condition with smoke inhalation. He's expected to be just fine.
Michigan Avenue was temporarily blocked by some emergency vehicles while firefighters extinguished the fire.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 35 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics 15 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos