Police warn of burglaries in Old Town, Lincoln Park
October 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning about several burglaries that have been targeting homes and businesses in Old Town and Lincoln Park.
Several Old Town businesses told police that burglars pried open their front doors and took money from cash registers or nearby money bags.
The businesses were all near the Old Town Triangle and North/Clybourn industrial corridor - and all happened within the past week and a half.
Also, two residential garages in Lincoln Park were burglarized in the past month - both incidents happened in the 1100 block of West Armitage.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap