Police warn of burglaries in Old Town, Lincoln Park
October 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning about several burglaries that have been targeting homes and businesses in Old Town and Lincoln Park.
Several Old Town businesses told police that burglars pried open their front doors and took money from cash registers or nearby money bags.
The businesses were all near the Old Town Triangle and North/Clybourn industrial corridor - and all happened within the past week and a half.
Also, two residential garages in Lincoln Park were burglarized in the past month - both incidents happened in the 1100 block of West Armitage.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 51 min ago
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire 12 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed 26 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 50 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 36 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- Starbucks to allow customers to tip via app 11 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
16 min ago