1 dead in multi-car crash at O'Hare
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed in a multi-car crash on O'Hare International Airport property at Higgins Road near Mannheim early Friday.
The victim of the crash has been identified as 37-year old Rusty Carpenter.
A media spokesperson at O'Hare International Airport said there was no security breach, but a car went crashing through a protective fence near the runway.
Rosemont police are on the scene blocking off the area and have been on scene of this fatal crash since Thursday night.
After the first car lost control, three other cars became involved, making it a four-car crash. The conditions of other people who were involved in the crash is unknown at this time.
Higgins between Manneheim and Touhy has been closed. Police are keeping people away from the scene.
chicago news, jason knowles
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 1 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 35 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds