1 dead in multi-car crash at O'Hare
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed in a multi-car crash on O'Hare International Airport property at Higgins Road near Mannheim early Friday.
The victim of the crash has been identified as 37-year old Rusty Carpenter.
A media spokesperson at O'Hare International Airport said there was no security breach, but a car went crashing through a protective fence near the runway.
Rosemont police are on the scene blocking off the area and have been on scene of this fatal crash since Thursday night.
After the first car lost control, three other cars became involved, making it a four-car crash. The conditions of other people who were involved in the crash is unknown at this time.
Higgins between Manneheim and Touhy has been closed. Police are keeping people away from the scene.
chicago news, jason knowles
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos