Woman wielding butcher knife shot by Chicago police
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An investigation is underway after Chicago police killed a woman after they say she lunged at them with a knife.
It began about 6:40 Thursday night near 109th and South Eberhart. Police responded to a domestic-related call.
They were told a woman was armed with a knife and was possibly under the influence of drugs.
Officers say as they entered the apartment, 60-year old Angelique Styles refused orders to put down the knife.
They opened fire when they say she lunged at them. The woman was killed. No one else was hurt.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 11 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial 26 min ago
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket 13 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking 35 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 22 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
11 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by...
42 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
26 min ago