Demarius Reed visitation held on Far South Side at House of Hope
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Friends, family and teammates are paying their respects to football player Demarius Reed. Reed's visitation took place Friday night at the House of Hope on Chicago's Far South Side.
He was shot to death last Friday at an apartment near Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. The 20-year-old was from Chicago but attended school there and was on the football team.
His funeral will be held Saturday in south suburban Harvey.
Police have not made any arrests in the case.
- Boy pulled from Crystal Lake pond after 90 minutes dies 5 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging 50 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos