Demarius Reed visitation held on Far South Side at House of Hope
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Friends, family and teammates are paying their respects to football player Demarius Reed. Reed's visitation took place Friday night at the House of Hope on Chicago's Far South Side.
He was shot to death last Friday at an apartment near Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. The 20-year-old was from Chicago but attended school there and was on the football team.
His funeral will be held Saturday in south suburban Harvey.
Police have not made any arrests in the case.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 20 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs 30 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 54 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
30 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey to be...
29 min ago
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos