Kelly Dwyer's father pleads for safe return of Chicago woman missing 2 weeks
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The father of a Chicago woman who's been missing for two weeks is pleading for her safe return. Kelly Dwyer, 27, has been living in Milwaukee.
The night Kelly Dwyer disappeared, her boyfriend told Milwaukee police they went to dinner at a restaurant across the street from his apartment, then went to purchase cocaine. He then told police she left his apartment the next morning and she was fine.
Kelly Dwyer worked at Lululemon apparel store, and when she didn't show up for work her parents became concerned.
"I talked to her the Wednesday night of her disappearance and she was walking home from work. She had a short walk home and said she called just to say she loved me," said Tony Dwyer, father.
Police say Kelly Dwyer was last seen two weeks ago here at the Park Lafayette Towers while visiting her boyfriend, 38-year-old Kris Zocco.
He told investigators he last saw her the night before she was reported missing and had nothing to do with her disappearance.
Police searched his apartment after he told investigators Dwyer came there about three times a week to use cocaine. Last week he appeared in court on drug charges.
During a search, police say they found drugs and uncovered evidence unrelated to Dwyer's disappearance.
On Thursday night, police arrested Zocco here at a relative's home in Richfield and charged him with possession of child pornography.
Now, Dwyer's father is pleading for information and a safe return.
"We do have hope, and we really want Kelly back," said Dwyer.
On Saturday morning, Milwaukee police will begin searching the Menomonee Falls landfill where trash from Zocco's luxury high rise is dumped and volunteers will be searching the East Side neighborhood where she was last seen.
Zocco is due in court this weekend to face child pornography charges.
chicago news, cheryl burton
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 32 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 38 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 12 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 43 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
46 min ago