Kelly Dwyer's father pleads for safe return of Chicago woman missing 2 weeks
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The father of a Chicago woman who's been missing for two weeks is pleading for her safe return. Kelly Dwyer, 27, has been living in Milwaukee.
The night Kelly Dwyer disappeared, her boyfriend told Milwaukee police they went to dinner at a restaurant across the street from his apartment, then went to purchase cocaine. He then told police she left his apartment the next morning and she was fine.
Kelly Dwyer worked at Lululemon apparel store, and when she didn't show up for work her parents became concerned.
"I talked to her the Wednesday night of her disappearance and she was walking home from work. She had a short walk home and said she called just to say she loved me," said Tony Dwyer, father.
Police say Kelly Dwyer was last seen two weeks ago here at the Park Lafayette Towers while visiting her boyfriend, 38-year-old Kris Zocco.
He told investigators he last saw her the night before she was reported missing and had nothing to do with her disappearance.
Police searched his apartment after he told investigators Dwyer came there about three times a week to use cocaine. Last week he appeared in court on drug charges.
During a search, police say they found drugs and uncovered evidence unrelated to Dwyer's disappearance.
On Thursday night, police arrested Zocco here at a relative's home in Richfield and charged him with possession of child pornography.
Now, Dwyer's father is pleading for information and a safe return.
"We do have hope, and we really want Kelly back," said Dwyer.
On Saturday morning, Milwaukee police will begin searching the Menomonee Falls landfill where trash from Zocco's luxury high rise is dumped and volunteers will be searching the East Side neighborhood where she was last seen.
Zocco is due in court this weekend to face child pornography charges.
chicago news, cheryl burton
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 5 min ago
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury 16 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- 7 in :77
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
5 min ago