Senator Dick Durbin attends local health fair, says Obama focused on fixing national healthcare website problems
October 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Senator Dick Durbin says President Obama is focused on fixing the problems with the healthcare website.
He spoke during a health fair Saturday at Norwegian American Hospital. It was hosted by the Puerto Rican Cultural Center.
It was intended to educate members of Chicago's Hispanic community about the affordable care act. People also had a chance to enroll for health insurance coverage.
"I think the website will be up and functioning soon for everybody across the United States," Durbin said. "But Illinois' website is still strong and still accepting applications."
The first 200 visitors to the health fair received free flu shots. The hospital also provided a number of health screenings.
- Verdict reached in Allan Kustok murder trial 1 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County 27 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 23 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam 34 min ago
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos